The student news site of New Berlin Eisenhower

The OnLion

Rep. Ryan Visits Ike

Noah Birenbaum

On Monday, September 18th House Speaker Paul Ryan visited New Berlin Eisenhower touring labs as he wanted to see first hand how the school district was getting to their student prepared for life after high school.

The touring was student led to give Mr. Ryan a viewpoint from the students to share their perspective and experiences on how the School District of New Berlin has helped them. The stops along the tour included the Certified Nurse Program, Construction labs and TechKNOW.

A statement published online from the district office stated– “The district was honored and privileged to host Wisconsin’s First District congressman and Speaker Paul Ryan at New Berlin Eisenhower on Sept. 18. Speaker Ryan visited with students, staff and guests, and toured some of our facilities such as our certified nursing assistant lab, our construction spaces and our engineering lab. He also learned more about our Education for Employment efforts. We are extremely proud of the work we do in our district each and every day, and we are proud that Speaker Ryan took the time out of his busy schedule to join us”.

In a private meeting with the district, chosen students and news reporters, Speaker Ryan spoke highly of our district. It comes as no surprise as we have been named one of the top high schools in Wisconsin in preparing students for their next chapter in life after high school.

“What you’re doing here is exactly what we’re hoping to see all over the place,” said Speaker Ryan. “So, what I would basically say is, what you’re showing us and doing here is precisely what we’re hoping the rest of the state can do, and the rest of the country for that matter.”

September 18th was a special day for not only Eisenhower but the School District of New Berlin as they flexed their muscles and pride to “Expect Excellence”.